The world of automobiles is just gearing up to the impossible. These white engineers are really pushing themselves beyond the limit and come 2020, we will be witnessing a revolution in the automobile world. But for now, the hot gist around is that Volvo promises death proof cars by 2020.
According to them these cars will have the highest security features ever installed in a car such that no one will be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car or SUV.
Ultimately, all these new technologies will be tied together to create a car that can, literally, drive itself.
Here’s a look at the features that, when combined together in one vehicle, will essentially make it crash proof.
1. Adaptive Cruise Control: Adaptive cruise control, which is already available on many new cars, uses radar and sometimes other sensors to detect vehicles on the road ahead. You set a maximum speed and your car maintains a safe following distance on its own, operating the gas and the brakes for you. Some systems like this only work at highway cruising speeds, but many can work even in stop-and-go traffic.
2. Auto lane keeping assist: Cameras detect lane lines and road edges, and the car steers itself to stay in its lane.
3. Collision avoidance: Radar, cameras or other sensors detect obstacles ahead and warn the driver. If the driver still doesn’t react, the car can apply the brakes automatically to avoid, or at least reduce, the impact of a crash. In the United States, auto safety regulators have found this technology particularly effective in reducing crashes.
4. Pedestrian detection: Cameras, including ones that can see in the dark, are programmed to detect human forms that might wander into the path of the car. Drivers can be alerted and again, the car can brake automatically.
5. Large animal detection: Hitting a cow is definitely bad for the animal but it’s also very bad for a car’s passengers. Volvo has created a system that can detect when a big animal is walking in front of your car, saving both you and the absent-minded animal.
6. All other existing features including airbags and seat belts would also be improved.
Sadly, it may take sometime before all these features can function in Nigeria. How will lane keep assist even work when our roads and highways are not properly demarcated?
Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features (Photos)
4 / 5Oleh Gidi40