Thursday 6 October 2016

Jealous woman burns wife of man who dumped her

Daily Trust reports that operatives of the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) of the command, arrested the 22-year-old Clement, an indigene of Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of the state after she attacked Amina Lawal, 23, at her house because she was angry that her lover, Mustapha Ayodele, dumped her after three years and got married to Lawal who is from the same state with him.



Amina Lawal on her hospital bed


Clement had reportedly bought a gallon of petrol which she poured on Lawal and then set her ablaze with a lighter, leaving the victim sustaining severe burns on parts of her face, hands and thighs, before she was rescued.

Confessing during interrogation, the suspect said she had a relationship with Ayodele for three years, but he betrayed her and married Amina.
“I did not actually go there to burn his wife; my intention was to go to his house and burn all his property. I did not know his wife was in the house. He jilted me after long years of relationship and married another woman.”

The victim who is still reeling in pains at the Orthopaedics ward of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital, said that on the day of the incident, she was in her house when she heard a knock on the door and she opened it and ushered in the visitor, not knowing she was going to be attacked.
“She poured petrol on me and set me ablaze. I removed my clothes and tried to open the door, but she had locked it from outside. It was when my neighbours heard me shouting ‘Fire! Fire!’ that they came to my rescue.

My husband told me that Lami tried to discourage him from marrying me because she had some affection for him, but he did not know that she could go to the extent of harming me.”
However, the man in the middle of the love triangle, Ayodele, denied ever dating Clement, expressing his surprise on her actions.

"I was at work that day when I received a call from a neighbour that my house was on fire. I rushed home and met my wife burnt all over.
We reported the matter to the Yelwa Divisional Police Station, after which they transferred us to the emergency ward of ATBU Teaching hospital for treatment."

Related Posts

Jealous woman burns wife of man who dumped her
4 / 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.